Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hacker News articles and webapp

I just read a couple of post that has quipped my interest in getting starting in webapplications. I found the posts here, where someone was learning Java Script. His results were impressive.

The other posts that I found were through a search on "profitable weekend project" on Hacker News and it brought up quite a few projects.

Some of the projects were quite simple to implement, include www.whatportis.com. It just allows the user to enter a port number and it tells you what it is used for. The other interesting thing is that a simple site like this is a great server for on-line adverts. 

So my motivation for learning Java scripting is to give me the tools to build these simple webapp. Perhaps getting more complicated as my skill set grows.


No comments: